Recently I asked a social media marketing firm, Clever Girls Collective, to help me disseminate the word about the pervasive effect of depression on loved ones, in addition to the person who suffers from it.
Fifteen of the top bloggers in the county participated in the Depression & Relationships sponsored post series, inspired by Half in Love
We turned to their talented network of bloggers to make it happen, and as always, the response was astonishing. Initially over 100 bloggers volunteered to share their experiences with depression and it was extremely difficult to pick only fifteen. We appreciate the candor of the group, and wish we could have included every one of them!
Below is a round up of the intimate and provocative blog posts in this series. Several discuss personal experiences with suicide, and they all explore the way depression complicates relationships.
I hope you’ll take the time to read and comment on these moving posts:
- Kristine from Wait in the Van wrote A Product of Silence: Fade Out
- Molly from A Day in Mollywood wrote Eye of the Hurricane
- Cecily K from Upper Case Woman wrote The Legacy of Suicide
- Britt from Miss Britt wrote On Becoming More Than Not My Mother
- Marisa from Roolalenska wrote Damaged Goods
- Mara from Medicinal Marzipan wrote Pillsbury Biscuits and Other Childhood Lessons About Depression
- Miss Lori from Musings from my Minivan wrote Miss Lori works to make depression an issue and not a legacy
- Liz from This Full House wrote Breaking the Silence of Abuse, Depression and Suicide
- Dana from Random Chick wrote A Family Legacy and Too Close
- Victoria from Mummy’s Product Reviews wrote Half in Love, A Memoir by Linda Gray Sexton
- Catherine from Her Bad Mother wrote Coloring Between the Lines
- Sarah from In the Trenches of Motherhood wrote Half in Love: On Depression
- Dawn from Kaiser Mommy wrote The Other Rock Bottom
- Casey from Moosh in Indy (link to come)
- Maria from BORED MOMMY wrote Peter